41th YONEX Hungarian International Championships 2016
Budaörs, 27-30 October 2016
- Organizer: Magyar Tollaslabda Szövetség ( Hungarian Badminton Association ),
H-1146 Budapest, Istvánmezei út 1-3.
Phone: +36-1-460 6903 ; Fax : +36-1-460 6904 ; e-mail: email@example.com
Mobile : +36 30 719 3739 (Jozsef Csorba), +36 30 645 2715 (Tibor Balega)
- Venue: Budaörs Sportshall,
H-2040 Budaörs, Hársfa u.6.
- Referee: Christos Evangelidis e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament-Director: Jozsef Csorba
Phone: +36-1-460 6903; Fax: +36-1-460 6904
Mobile: +36 30 719 3739
Tibor Bálega mobile: +36 30 645 2715
- Date: 27-30 October 2016
27th (Thursday) October 10.00 a.m. Qualifying Rounds ( if necessary)
28th (Friday) October, 9.00 a.m. Main Tournament-1stand 2nd Rounds
29st (Saturday) October, 10.00 a.m. Quarter-Finals
4.00 p.m. Semi Finals
30th (Sunday) October, 10.00 a.m. Finals, will be finished not before 14.00
- Entry fees: Single events: 45€ Double: 40€ per player/events
The entry fees must be paid at the same time as the entries are submitted. The entry fees will not be refunded in the event of a withdrawal.
In the case that the entry fees have not been received before the draw is made then the players are not in the draw. Or if in accordance with the Organiser they are allowed to pay at the tournament this must be done before their first scheduled match, failure to do so mean that they will not be allowed to play.
The Member Association that enters a player into a Circuit tournament is responsible for paying the entry fees for that player.
For all the players withdrawing in the time between the entry closing date and the beginning of the Tournament the Organisers invoices the entry fee to the relevant Member Association.
- Entries: All entries must be made by using the BWF Online Entry System on the following link: https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=CC99D7AA-5B84-4D42-ABE4-D2BBA8013215 Entries must be submitted no later than Tuesday 27th September 2016 at 23.59 BWF HQ time. (GMT +08.00)
No late entries will be accepted.
Players can not be entered unless they already have a BWF ID-number. In case you wish to enter players who do not have a BWF ID-number, please contact the BWF office well in advance of the tournament, so that the players concerned can get a BWF ID-number before the closing date of the tournament.
Organisers are allowed to refuse entries if players have outstanding fees from a previous year.
- Events: Men's Singles, Women's Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles. The number of players/pairs to be accepted for the main events in Singles 32 and in Doubles 24.
- System of the Competition: K.O. system according to the Laws of Badminton and Competition Regulations of the BWF.
- Scoring system: New experimental scoring system will be used. Best of 5 games of 11 points setting to a maximum of 15 points in each games. (at 10-all, the player/pair wins the game when two point lead is achieved, or first to 15 when the score reaches 14-all)
- Eligibility: Participation is open to players of any National Association recognised by the BWF.
- Shuttles: YONEX AS 50
- Courts: 5 YONEX courts
- Prize money: US$ 17.500
MS WS MD WD MXD
Winner $ 1,875 $ 1,875 $ 2,330 $ 2,330 $ 2,330
Runner up $ 820 $ 820 $ 1,160 $ 1,160 $ 1,160
Semi finalists $ 410 $ 410
- Closing date: 27th September 2016 at 23.59 BWF HQ time. (GMT +08.00)
- Key dates:
World Ranking Date used for M&Q Report: 29 September 2016
M&Q Report Release Date: 30 September 2016
World Ranking Date used for Seeding/Draw: 06 October 2016
Last date of withdrawal without penalty: 09 October 2016
- Withdrawals: Please ensure that the Organizer is informed immediately when a player has to withdraw, together with the reason. Attention: if a player who is accepted into a tournament withdraws after the Sunday immediately preceding the draw, the Member Association entering the player shall make a payment of US$ 150 to the Badminton World Federation. If any Member Association withdraws 10 or more player from the tournament the BWF disciplinary committee will consider whether any penalty is applicable.Any player not showing up at the tournament, without having been withdrawn in advance, renders the Member Association concerned liable to an additional amount of US$ 500,00 for the inconvenience caused by the "no show" (as defined in BWF General Competition Regulations).
- Visa: If you need Visa for Hungary please ask the Hungarian Badminton Association for the official Invitation letter. It is advised to arrange the VISA in time.
- Draw: Will be made by the Badminton Europe on 11th October 2016.
- Condition of play: The tournament will be played in full accordance with the Laws of Badminton and the Competition Regulations adopted by the BWF as well as the Badminton Europe Circuit Regulation. Competitors must be prepared to play at the times determined for the events for which they have entered. Competitors will be scratched if not ready to play when called.
Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaörs ****
H-2040 Budaörs, Agip utca 2.
Single room: 60 EURO/night/person
Double room: 45 EURO/night/person
Triple room: 40 EURO/night/person / there are 18 rooms available
The price of rooms includes breakfast, free WIFI, free sauna usage and free transport.
The hotel booking must be made through the organizers and must be paid to the organizers as well!
- Local transport:
Provided by the organizer free between the Budapest airport, train stations and the hotel and the sportshall. The organizer is not able to offer transport for those players and officials who are staying not in the official hotel and who do not make their reservation through the organizer! In case of any individual hotel booking made by players/coaches the organizer will not provide for them shuttle bus service!
Players shall not plan their departure less than two (2) hours after their last match is planned to conclude. If a player is unable to compete due to early departure, he/she may be penalised by removal of ranking points and return of awarded prizes. BADMINTON EUROPE shall propose to BWF that the gained BWF ranking points are also removed.
- Medical service: A physician will be present in the Sports hall during the tournament.
- Drug testing: According to Hungarian Law Drug Testing may be carried out on a random basis at any time.
- Betting: Betting might be offered from this event, however betting by players or officials on events in which they are involved is not permitted. Any breach of betting regulations will be investigated by Badminton Europe and the appropriate sanction will be administered by Badminton Europe.
- Clothing and advertising: In accordance with BWF Competition regulations 19-23 and references to 18.2 and 18.3 in the Circuit Regulation. In applying these regulations the decision of the Referee shall be final.
- Insurance: The organizer declines responsibility and covering of costs for possible injuries or other damages. It is up to each participant to insure himself.